Teriyaki Chicken
(from Mom, who got it from a cookbook made by Aunt Jody's & Aunt Beccy's ward when they were in the same ward)
1/2 C soy sauce (we think Kikkoman is best)
1/4 sugar
3 cloves of garlic, coursely chopped
2 t fresh ginger, peeled and coursely chopped
Marinate chicken (I like to use boneless, skinless breasts; thighs are really yummy but more fatty of course) all day or all night. To marinate: you can put the liquid and the chicken in a plastic bag and set the bag in a bowl in the fridge. (Or stick it in a tupperware in the fridge, but I like the bag because I can rub the marinade into the chicken and turn it over whenever I open the fridge to be sure the chicken is soaking it up all over).
Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until done. Serve with rice.
P.S. In the grocery store, when you buy the fresh ginger, the smallest piece you can buy is more than sufficient.
No comments:
Post a Comment